Environment, Health And Safety Policy
The Marketing Institute of Singapore Training Centre (MIS Training Centre) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all staff, students, faculty and visitors. MIS Training Centre recognises that safety to our students, staff, faculty and visitors is crucial, and we are committed to achieving high standards in environmental, health and safety (EHS) practices. Workplace safety and health is an integral part of providing a conducive environment for teaching and learning. For details of the Environment, Health and Safety policy, please click here.
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Policy
The Personal Data Protection is regarded with great importance at the Marketing Institute of Singapore Training Centre (MIS Training Centre). The intention of this policy is to ensure that personal data of an individual, in any format, is not divulged outside of MIS without explicit approval from the individual concerned as directed by Singapore Law. MIS Training Centre requires all staff to follow the policies on handling of Personal Data Information.
All staff with authorised access to MIS Training Centre’s computer information system, records or files, are given access only for the business of the institute and in the performance of his/her specific roles and duties. No person shall divulge any personnel data of the individual’s information outside of MIS Training Centre.
Staff with respect to information must ensure that permission is sought in regards to the following:
- Collect, use and disclosure of individual’s personal data.
- Access and Correction of individual’s personal data.
- Retain of individual’s personal data and ensure that it is well protected.
- Obtain the consent of an individual before sending any telemarketing messages.
It is a policy of MIS Training Centre not to use any personal data information for course advertisement and promotion without the prior consent of the individual concerned. MIS Training Centre’s Personal Data Protection policy shall be communicated to all members, trainers and stakeholders.
The Marketing Institute of Singapore Training Centre (MIS Training Centre) has a responsibility to be non-discriminatory towards disabled students and to provide equal access and opportunity to the curriculum.
Admission to all students depends upon the prospective pupil meeting the academic criteria to ensure they will thrive at the MIS Training Centre.
- The Institute will continue to consider the accessibility of the curriculum to disabled pupils, calling on qualified support as required.
- Staff will report on whether their classrooms are optimally organised for disabled pupils.
- Heads of Departments will be required to consider with their departments whether the teaching styles used are sufficiently responsive to pupil diversity.
- Staff in charge of student activities will consider how to improve participation by disabled pupils.
- Systems will continue to be reviewed to ensure that any disabilities are taken in to consideration in the selection process.
- Consideration will be given to the use of large print, audio tape, overhead projectors and white boards.
- Staff will be trained to use any new technology and equipment which is introduced to achieve this aim.
- Where necessary, a buddy will be assigned to the disabled student to assist him while in the Institute.